What's Cooking?

I don't know about you, but I get stuck in a rut and I make the same recipes. This is a space to share your favorite recipes and inspiration in the kitchen! When you're posting a recipe, please try to add a label (at the bottom of the posting page) so that we can look for recipes by category.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bacon Fried Rice

This is a recipe from my Mom that we all love! I usually cook some extra rice and put it in the fridge to have on hand for this as cold rice works best. If you use fresh, hot rice it gets mushy.

½ pound bacon
3 eggs
4 Tablespoons oil
4 cups cold, cooked rice
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup green onion, sliced
1 small head of broccoli

Cut and fry bacon. Scramble eggs. Steam broccoli until al dente (I usually do it in the microwave). Heat 3 Tablespoons oil and add rice. Mix. Blend in soy sauce (can add more to taste) and salt. Add bacon, eggs, green onions, and broccoli. Mix and serve.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home