What's Cooking?

I don't know about you, but I get stuck in a rut and I make the same recipes. This is a space to share your favorite recipes and inspiration in the kitchen! When you're posting a recipe, please try to add a label (at the bottom of the posting page) so that we can look for recipes by category.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lettuce Wraps

  • 2 T. Vegetable Oil
  • 1 1/2 T. minced garlic
  • 1 1/4 lb ground Turkey or Chicken
  • 1 large red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 bunch green onions trimmed and minced
  • 1/2 c. Hoisin Sauce (you can find this in the Asian food isle at the grocery store)
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 T. Chilli garlic sauce ( I use Mae Ploy Sweet Chilli Sauce)
  • 1/2c dry roasted peanuts, chopped
  • 1 head of iceberg lettuce

Heat 1 T veg oil in med saute pan. Add 1 T garlic. Cook for 30 sec then add ground meat and brown for about 5-6 min, or until cooked through. Drain and set aside.

Heat remaining Tablespoon oil and garlic. Add bell pepper, saute for 1 min then add green onions, saute additional 2 minutes or until onions soften. Add cooked meat back to pan and stir. Add Hoisin sauce, sesame oil, chilli sauce and mix well. Add peanuts and stir.

Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and ENJOY!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home