Blueberry Pie
So at work in the summers the deal is - my boss brings in fruit and I make pies for the team! It's a win-win situation! Josh brought in blueberries this year and I had no idea how to make a blueberry pie/which recipe to go with...found this recipe online, cut some calories, and it's seriously amazing! It's not sickly sweet, it's fabulous!

CRUST:
(This makes 2 crusts - for this recipe I made a thicker crust for one and cut lattice strips with the other to make a lattice top pie - I know, such a show-off! Of course you could use a store-bought crust too...but again...I bake to impress.)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening
4-5 tablespoons water
Combine flour and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening. Sprinkle water a tablespoon at a time, mixing until all flour is moistened and dough almost cleans the side of the bowl. Gather into ball, shape into two flattened rounds on lightly floured cloth-covered board. Roll 2 inches larger than inverted pie pan. Fold pastry into quarters; unfold and ease into pan.
Tips: If pastry is cracking while rolling out: roll back into ball and add a little water.
INGREDIENTS:
3 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream (I used non-fat plain yogurt)
DIRECTIONS
Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt. Add eggs and sour cream, stirring until blended.
Place blueberries in pastry shell, and spoon sour cream mixture over berries.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Labels: Dessert

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home