What's Cooking?

I don't know about you, but I get stuck in a rut and I make the same recipes. This is a space to share your favorite recipes and inspiration in the kitchen! When you're posting a recipe, please try to add a label (at the bottom of the posting page) so that we can look for recipes by category.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Monkey Bread

3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a bundt pan.

Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan.

In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the biscuits.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes (I think I should have cooked mine a little longer, but I'm not sure if that's just our oven). I put foil over the top of the pan as recommended by one of the reviewers. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. The bread just pulls apart.

Luke was a big fan of this recipe. He started calling it "Monkey crack bread" (lovely name) because he said it was so addictive.

One of the reviewers also said that they baked it for 25 minutes the night before then heated in oven for 15 minutes so that it would be nice and warm for breakfast.

Recipe from allrecipes.com.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home